Studying sociology will prepare you for a broad range of careers, from law and Christian ministry to education and social work.
Marketable skills developed in sociology courses
Courses in sociology will help you develop the following marketable skills:
- Investigative skills
- Understanding of diverse groups and cultures
- Oral and written communication
- Interpersonal skills
- Poblem-solving and critical-thinking skills
Careers in sociology with an undergraduate degree
You might study sociology at Calvin and go directly into the workforce. Career opportunities available to sociology graduates with a BA degree include (but are by no means limited to):
- Criminal justice (corrections or law enforcement)
- Community activism
- International or community development
- Social work
- Social research
- Personnel work in business (human resources)
Learn more about internships that could help you find employment after graduation.
See what some recent Calvin sociology graduates are doing with their degrees.
Careers in sociology requiring a graduate degree
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
You will likely need an advanced degree (MA, PhD or similar degree) to work in the following areas:
- Urban planning
- School administration
- Church ministry
- Social work
- Academia (college teaching)
- Non-profit administration