Formerly Knollcrest Band, Symphonic Band is one of two Calvin ensembles devoted to the combination of woodwind, brass, and percussion instruments.
Unlike Wind Ensemble which adheres to the model of a smaller, more flexible instrumentation, Symphonic Band assumes the role of a larger ensemble. Nonetheless, Symphonic Band members constantly strive to achieve musical excellence in the performance of both traditional and contemporary concert band repertoire. In addition to regular concerts on campus, Symphonic Band typically performs in an area church and/or school each semester.
Symphonic Band membership is open to all Calvin students who have had previous high school experience and wish to participate.
Symphonic Band rehearses Thursdays from 7:00–9:30 p.m.
Explore Symphonic Band
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
All interested students must complete an audition.
Scheduling is coordinated by the conductor at the beginning of each semester.
Audition requirements include:
- A prepared piece (solo or etude of contrasting styles, not to exceed six minutes in length)
- Literature excerpts (distributed by the conductor in advance)
With over 100 majors and programs, you’re bound to find something you love.
Browse by category
- Communication & Media Studies
- Education (BA, BS)
- Many specializations, including:
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Master of Education (MEd) Online
- Health Sciences
- Exercise Science
- Health Education
- One Health
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Recreation Leadership
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (BA, MA)
- Master of Speech Pathology
- Theraputic Recreation
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Data Science
- Environmental Science—Natural Resources Track
- Environmental Science—Naturalist Track
- Environmental Studies
- Social Sciences
- World Languages & Cultural Studies
Learn why Calvin’s dedication to faith and discovery have earned it the rank of #3 among regional midwest universities.